Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Still waiting...

Wish there were exciting updates, but still waiting. Another doctor appt. today where the doc wants to talk induction times, so we may have a worst case possible end date by the end of today. While I am still not sure how I feel about induction, maybe the baby just needs a kick in the pants, or maybe like his mom, he is a procrastinator and he is just waiting to know when the last possible moment he can arrive on his own is. As always, if the doctor thinks that induction is the best step, then we will go with that plan, and just hope he beats that time and arrives on his own. I just keep thinking, what if I hadn't taken that last pill Christmas Eve to stop the contractions, would he be almost a month old? Ah, hindsight!

Honestly, after the initial part of this pregnancy I started to understand how people enjoyed being pregnant and how wonderful that time was. Since Thanksgiving, where the baby was coming "any time" and I was on meds to stop that from happening, to now where we are talking about forcing him out, it has been an emotional and physical rollercoaster! We we all be so thrilled with his arrival that all of this will be a distant memory in even 3 weeks. At least that is what I keep telling myself. Someone please remind me of how much I want him out in 3 weeks when we are all suffering from exhaustion!

I am sure that Mike is tired of hearing that today could be the day, we are both so excited to meet the little man. I also imagine him jumping anytime I call him at work, even if it is just to ask how the day is going. Hehe! I have limited calls to him for that reason. I think both of us have really been trying to spend as much quality time with Ella as we can right now, but he has been amazing. When he gets home from work, it is as though she is his only focus. You can really see why she is such a daddy's girl, and why her whole face lights up when she hears the door open.

I have had to postpone starting work again for another month. I was supposed to begin Jan. 28th, but since the baby has yet to appear, I think that I will have to make February my goal now. Frustrating since I had hoped to have started in November, but good things come to those who wait, right? Or maybe it was the early bird catches the early worm... Hmmm, things to think about and not give thought to again. At least that is just for the training and I can start helping friends looking for houses in an official capacity as soon as I can schedule the exam. That will be done ASAP!

My mom has been a wonderful help. I don't think I would be leaving the house without backup right now. Her help with making sure Ella has all the attention she needs right now has been incredible too, but what are grandparents for right?

We hope everything continues to go well for all of you, and that wherever you are right now, that you are staying warm!!!

Love, The Salernos

No comments: