Monday, January 14, 2008

Conspiring Universe

While Mike is really excited about the Giants winning, I am completely beside myself, green with envy. I never thought that I would be someone who envied Nicole Richie, Christina Aguilera, David Allan Grier, Toni Collette, Courtney Thorne-something or any other celebrity for any reason, but gosh darn it I do today. Why? Because all of these people are enjoying their first week with their new babies. Really, this has to be the universe conspiring to drive me to the point where I am asking for an IV and to be induced (which will probably never happen) because has anyone else ever heard of a weekend where there were 5 celebrity (albeit, some D or E list celebs, but still) babies were born?
What I wouldn't give to be cuddling with our new baby today...


To make matters worse, one of them used a name that we had been considering! The nerve! Why didn't they consult us before choosing their child's name? Isn't that just a considerate thing to do? Call everyone expecting a child and make sure that they don't intend to name their child that in the next week. I guess I will have to let it slide and go with our other name idea, this time...BUT next time Nicole Richie, its on!

While Mike and Ella watched the Giants game, I went for a walk with Claire Capobianco, formerly Coates, and caught up a little. I think we walked hard for about 2 miles. Still no baby, but it was great to have an old friend to chat with. I find it amazing how many people that she hears from that went to high school with us. I don't know how she finds the time to do all that, be a third year resident, and manage to be so put together, but she does it effortlessly. I am so glad that we have good friends here already, both old and new. It is just amazing and we feel really blessed.

As for this week, provided that Baby #2 delays his appearance, Ella and I start out the week with a playdate. I will take the camera and try to add some pretty photos for everyone to enjoy. Anyone have tricks for getting your almost 2 yr old to quit grimacing or squinting for the camera?

No comments: