Saturday, January 12, 2008

Blog improvements

As everyone feared, the number of posts has dwindled in recent weeks. I assure you, I am not giving this up though! In fact, I added a counter feature today so that I am even more motivated to update the site by seeing the number of people that visit the site. Don't worry, it doesn't give me any specifics, just the over all number of times that the blog was viewed. So I have no idea if my mom maybe logs on 7 times a day to see the video of Ella dancing with the piggybank. I say that so that we don't discourage anyone from coming back to check as often as they like! The more the merrier!

On the Salerno front this weekend...

Renate and Ella are going to have a quiet day in. With some laundry on the agenda and maybe some baking. Before Ella was born, we baked a birthday cake and had it all ready for when she arrived. Maybe this baby is just waiting for that tradition and that is why he isn't coming out. So if I can get motivated to bake, Ella and I may bake and decorate a birthday cake for the new guy. If you can't tell, I am running out of ideas to coax this baby out and at this point would be open to any crazy idea. If we get a chance today I may play dress up with Ella as well and have a fun photoshoot at home.

Mike is going to head downtown to visit our friend Mike Marsolek (a former co-worker from ASU, who now teaches at a university in Seattle). The guys intend to get into the Seattle football scene and head to a sports bar to watch the game. I just hope that Mike M is discrete in his midwestern (he is originally from Wisconsin) support for Green Bay while they are in Seattle 12th Man territory!

All of us are kind of just waiting for the baby to arrive and all plans are tentative right now. It is an annoying position to be in, but one that is full of such permanent excitement that it kinda makes up for the stress. Hope to have more exciting posts in the future!

3 comments:

brindisi family said...

Glad you found the counter :) Have a good, relaxing weekend!

Anonymous said...

I'm watching a movie (no not Ella and the piggy bank) and thinking about your wedding and how beautiful it was! (I know how random...) but then I thought how it amazes me how you make so many places feel like 'home' and how Ella and the little guy are so lucky to have you and Mike as parents. I'm rambling...but just anxious for the 'big news!'

Anonymous said...

Hey! I only watched the video clip of Ella 5 times! It is so cute!