Thursday, January 17, 2008

Movie Day=No baby

Can't even take her eyes off the credits!

Look we made it through the WHOLE MOVIE,
and we still have happy kids!

Eleanor Kathryn smiling at the top of the play ship.


Yes, Eleanor, what that boy behind you said to Renate really was appalling!
(details below)

Ella can do it!

Happy Girl!



Is this a plank, or a model runway for our sassy daughter?!

While you are all going to be rewarded with pictures of our fun day, there are still no baby pictures to be had. Hang in there, I have been assured time and time again that a baby has never stayed in forever (although I do like to defy odds and expectations).

We had a wonderful day! The mommy and me promo that the local theater runs here was perfect getaway for the moms without the guilt. There were maybe 40 people, including kids, in the whole theater that could normally handle at least 150 (probably closer to 200). The setup allowed the kids to have space to move when they got ants in their pants, yet the moms got to enjoy a movie. I hadn't expected to like Enchanted, but was pleasantly surprised that it was just the right amount of cheesiness and Disney mockery. Ella was almost as entertaining as the movie as she danced, clapped, and reacted at the perfect moments. I think we may have a future princess on our hands!

After the movie, we did some mall walking to try to convince the baby that this is the place to be. Then we let the girls play on the mall playground equipment. Apparently tact is something that children learn later because while I was chasing the 2 Ellas around the ship playground taking photos, a little boy (maybe 5-6 yrs old) started talking to me. He very much seemed interested in being photographed with his little sister, but since I don't want other people to do that to Ella I wouldn't even pretend such a thing. He told me all about his sisters and his name and what he likes to do. I guess I wasn't giving him enough attention because then he says, "you're like really fat". Thanks kid, I needed that today. Nothing says boy you are pregnant like a kid telling you that you are huge or a woman at a checkout telling you that you look...(insert uncomfortable delay here) uncomfortable.

It was a good day overall that has ended with a good dinner and will be followed quickly with an early bedtime. Unless something exciting happens, tomorrow (Friday) will be a day off from blog updates, as I intend to just stay around the house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun pics! The runway star might also be a guitarist...at least on Guitar HERO!

:)

Seattle Salerno Stories said...

I never considered guitar hero, but maybe they should teach that to runway models too. Especially for all those playstation fashion shows. Hehe!