Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Curse Lives on!

So, good people of the Northwest, we apologize for moving here and bringing you our weather curse. It never fails, the first year that we move someplace I do horrible things to the weather patterns and Mike curses their college football teams despite a hopeful season prediction. The year I moved to State College we had 3 blizzards and in AZ we went more than 6 months without any measurable rain. I hate to say it, but the curse holds true yet again!!! Anyone still want us to move back east? Haha! Arizona should be thanking us though because Mike's departure nearly always coincides with a wonderful year for college football in the place where we left. How else do you explain ASU being ranked?

That being said, we are safe, warm and dry. Our home is on a hill and we have a fireplace in the event of an emergency. So we are well prepared. Thank you to those of you who were concerned about our safety, but we are really doing well. Not that things aren't as bad as they are showing on the news, they are in some areas, but we are in a lucky patch. Most of the horrible situations are north or south.

We are looking forward to another quiet day in, with the exception of a lunch date with daddy. I wanted to go north for mall-walking, but with the contractions that I had again last night, I think it would be wiser to wait until I am more rested. No point in tempting fate since that the mall we walk at is 30 minutes north of Mike's job. Only a month left to our updated hypothetical due date of Jan. 7th, and only 6 weeks left until our original due date of Jan. 21st. That is a good thing for the baby because that means only another 10 days until he is considered full-term for the updated due date, and 25 days based on our original due date. At this point though, he stands a very good chance of being perfectly healthy! The doc isn't worried, so we choose not to be as well. Hard to believe only 6 more weeks of contractions tops!! THAT idea is bearable, although not appealing.

Ella and I will go to the park this afternoon if someone gets a nap in (I mean me of course) and it stays dry out today. Tonight is a Daddy and Ella date night as well since mommy will be going to a Mommy Night In with the play group north that I go to. Looking forward to a night of girl time and a little time not in the house.

Hope you all have a great day! We will update more soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you have a blog now! I hope you don't become addicted like I have :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of blogging...I should give you the link to mine...if I can remember it!!

Love the pics of Ella at the round robin! I miss you guys!! Life is good!

Jamie (can't remember my login...but i know i have one!)