Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Updates

We had a great Christmas! I am looking forward to updating the site with pictures and video from the big day, but it is going to have to wait until this weekend when I get a little tech help from Mike. Until then, I will describe Ella's reaction...

She was so funny, hesitant to come out of her room either because we were all watching her so closely, or because there were lots of new things out in a room she had just left the night before. However, the candy necklace sticking out of the stocking got the better of her and she was very interested then. Opening her stocking was really cute, and she got hung up playing with the crayons, the biggest hit of the day. She would empty other gift bags with wonderful things in them only to take the bag to put her crayons into to carry. She also really enjoyed a new rocket toy that she loves to set off the noises for, and an animal train set that sings and propels itself. Ella has been reading her new books non-stop and with the extra attention that Aunt Gabi and Grandma are providing, she has plenty of willing readers.

Mike is enjoying his 4 day week very much. Ella and I had lunch with him on Monday to try to extend the family celebration and we are excited to have him home next Tuesday, too! It is good that he enjoys his job and doesn't mind going in on the days surrounding the holiday. There were so many things that Mike and I both received that were wonderful. I think we are thankful that we are almost completely ready for the new baby now. Well at least in terms of stuff. I know he won't have to wear the same thing ever for the first 6 months! haha!

My mom and sister leave tomorrow and then I swear I will devote a little more time to the blog updates. I have just been enjoying being spoiled with all the help. I really do think that for once, if the baby came now, we would be ok and set for him. The closets are sorted and organized and I have meal options ready to go. While we still hope he will wait until after the new year, so that we can use that FSA with our health insurance, whenever he decides he is ready, we will be ready too! I can't believe all my help is going home. Who will nap with Ella now to keep her from underfoot while I sort laundry? Thank goodness it is only 3 weeks until mom comes back again to help out with the new baby.

We hope your celebrations were as wonderful as ours and we will update with video or pictures soon!

Love,
The Seattle Salernos!

No comments: