Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Juggler Day


This was the pretty walk to the juggler show. As you can see it was full of crazy kids and moms out enjoying the beautiful weather and the walk along Lake Washington.


The juggler on a ladder working with an "assistant" from the audience. Ella had no idea why the other kids were all raising their hands, but the power of persuasion got the better of her, and her hands were just as high as the older kids begging to be picked!


She stood for most of the event. As you can see we were pretty far back, but she still oohed and ahhed appropriately. So I think she could see just fine, and then we weren't sitting on other peoples laps.


Just in case you can't see it, the juggler is on a unicycle, with a stick in his mouth about to juggle the pins. Ella kept saying, "Oh NO!" when his helpers threw another ball at the juggler.


After the juggler,
she was tired,
so she relaxed at the playground.









Even taking off her shoes!!!












Just chillin' and watching the other kids























This was Cooper climbing away!


























Cooper, the boy in the bubble!



The Salernos (minus Daddens) at the park.


Our friend, Toby, on the run.






















What a cute boy!



















Such determination!!!
He knew he wasn't supposed to,
so he was determined
to climb the open wooden stairs.
Haha, mommy!


Ella on the run! She and Emily were playing tag (kinda).



Veronica and Cooper enjoying their picnic.


















Ella and Emily stopping for a snack. All in all a wonderful day. We met new friends, had time with old friends and got out in the wonderful Seattle weather. I love this place!

4 comments:

Veronica said...

Hey it was great to see you all again. Fin is so adorable! I hope we can get together again soon! I also have to say I am pretty proud of the picture I took of the three of you it looks great...although I guess its the cute smiles that really make the picture look so good but hey I caught those cute smiles in action.

Cassia said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. how fun! I took the kids to that 2 years ago I think?? They weren't all that into it but I loved seeing it. I wish I could have gone with you guys.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm a juggler down in Portland, and my wife came across your blog while Googling "Salerno juggler." (We were putting a Salerno poster up on our site.) Thought you might be interested to know that Salerno was the stage name of one of the greatest jugglers of the 1910s and '20s!
Coincidentally, we know the juggler whose performance you caught: Rhys Thomas (jugglemania.com). He's great no matter how old you are.

Unknown said...

You can buy the juggling Salerno Posters at the Pike Place Market's Magic Shop!