Sunday, February 24, 2008

More photos from the Salernos' visit


Ella with Grandma S and Grandpa along the sculpture walk
on the Puget sound in Seattle.


Ella crawling through an exhibit at the Children's museum.


The last day of the Salernos' visit (last Monday for those keeping track), we were still having wonderful weather so we took a walk along the sculpture walk in Seattle. It was beautiful as always, and also like always smelled bad (it really does smell like a trash can, why is that?). We had a nice walk and then headed to the Seattle Center to the Children's Museum. Ella had been napping in her stroller, but I made her get up and play since I had purposely not taken her here before so that she could enjoy it with Grandma and Grandpa. Well I have to learn that when a child is tired, you let them sleep... She woke up great and really enjoyed it over all, but I was a little disappointed that she didn't seem to be as into it as I thought she would be. Part of it could have been that we didn't have time to explore the whole place, but she was really most entertained by the make believe section that had a store where she could "buy" groceries, a firetruck where she could "drive" the engine and wear the gear, and a pizza shop where she could learn the finer points of running her own corner restaurant. The camera battery ran out after the first photo at the museum, so I only have the one to commemorate the event. I will do better next time.

Later in the day things were a bit rough as she really needed to get a little more sleep. We had a friend watch Ella and Fin and the adults all went out for a goodbye dinner. It was lovely and we really enjoyed the weather, the company and the new experiences of the Salernos visit.

I have more info to post, but with all the nice weather this past week, we have been trying to get out and enjoy it. So I don't have as many pictures as normal, but more exciting tidbits that I will try to drag out over the week for those of you that check daily. So you hope for some rain for us, and I will get myself organized to update this more often!

No comments: