Sunday, February 24, 2008

Fantastic Fin


I know I said in the last post that I was going to try to drag these out this week, but I couldn't wait on this update any longer though...


Fin flipped over on Friday!!!!

Now I realize that at 4 weeks this is more of a fluke than a real accomplishment, but I am still excited. First of all, he did it the "right" way (from front to back). He has been doing pushups building up those arm muscles for about 2 or so weeks now, but Friday one of his little arms collapsed under him and he rolled onto his back. He looked very surprised!!!

Ella flipped for the first time at 3 weeks, but did it the funny way from back to front because she was a squirmer that was really mad and got herself going enough to flip over. Just a recap for anyone who cares...

So that is the latest update on our amazing son.

Our incredible daughter is starting to sleep through the night again after all the turmoil of a new brother, visitors and a cold. We are all grateful and she has been a lot more like her old self now that she is getting more sleep. She has also started to speak more clearly and in full sentences. It is still very hard to understand her, and she mumbles like her father, but we are thrilled when we hear things like "That is a truck", or "I did it". Ah the simple pleasures of being a parent. Really it means more to me to hear Ella say mama (which she started doing today!!!) than winning any statue, even one as recognized as an Oscar. It melts my heart just to hear her utter my title or to ask for kisses.

I hope Halle Berry and any other new mom feels that way too sometime soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fin is changing so much! Great post!

I love all of these stories!

brindisi family said...

He looks soooo big in this picture! WOW :) It's no suprise he can roll over already!!